Rosie Boycott is a journalist and the first female editor of two national broadsheets. In 1971 she co-founded the influential feminist magazine Spare Rib, from 1992 to 1996 she edited the men's magazine Esquire. She is a former editor of The Independent, The Independent on Sunday and the Daily Express.
As Ken Loach's film on post-war Britain shows, the Spirit of ’45 has been lost in our age of austerity
15 March 2013 05:28 PM
The post-war Britain we really were "all in it together". The new government transformed Britain into a fairer society where social mobility prevailed
04 April 1998 12:02 AM
21 March 1998 12:02 AM
17 February 1998 12:02 AM
28 December 1997 12:02 AM
03 November 1997 12:02 AM
19 January 1997 12:02 AM
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile