Ruth is a volunteer in charge of communications for the Topé Project, a volunteer-led initiative for care-leavers. She also cares for a family member and works as a freelance journalist. With an interest in social issues, Ruth has written for a variety of newspapers and magazines, including charity publication Who Cares?
08 December 2013 12:00 AM
A change in the law will allow vulnerable youngsters to move out into the world when they are ready, rather than being forced to do so at 18
15 August 2013 03:26 PM
I left school at 16, but was in a better position than many of my school friends after they graduated from university. Why? Because I did an apprenticeship
07 March 2013 02:07 PM
A study from the University of Cambridge's Centre for Family Research has confirmed that children in gay adoptions are at no disadvantage
06 December 2012 12:13 PM
This time of year can be difficult for young people without close family, but the volunteer-run Tope Project is changing that in the most festive way imaginable
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police