Ruth Whippman is a freelance journalist, blogger and documentary maker from London, living in the USA.
16 December 2012 07:19 PM
Shamefully, the images of school shootings have become as familiar and American as the Thanksgiving Day Parade or the Girl Scout cookie drive.
07 November 2012 02:33 PM
We're now expected to work longer hours than ever, and mothers are simply expected to make the choice between work and their children.
15 October 2012 06:15 PM
Obama’s support from female voters has diminished - but the Romneys are up. But this is a cause for concern if we want female equality.
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain
- 1 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Nigerian witch-finder Helen Ukpabio threatens legal action against human rights organisations