Ruth Whippman is a freelance journalist, blogger and documentary maker from London, living in the USA.
16 December 2012 07:19 PM
Shamefully, the images of school shootings have become as familiar and American as the Thanksgiving Day Parade or the Girl Scout cookie drive.
07 November 2012 02:33 PM
We're now expected to work longer hours than ever, and mothers are simply expected to make the choice between work and their children.
15 October 2012 06:15 PM
Obama’s support from female voters has diminished - but the Romneys are up. But this is a cause for concern if we want female equality.
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Ed Miliband's 'north London set' must be demolished to save Labour, say critics
Green Party Caroline Lucas interview: 'We could be on the edge of something very big'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship