Ruth Whippman is a freelance journalist, blogger and documentary maker from London, living in the USA.
16 December 2012 07:19 PM
Shamefully, the images of school shootings have become as familiar and American as the Thanksgiving Day Parade or the Girl Scout cookie drive.
07 November 2012 02:33 PM
We're now expected to work longer hours than ever, and mothers are simply expected to make the choice between work and their children.
15 October 2012 06:15 PM
Obama’s support from female voters has diminished - but the Romneys are up. But this is a cause for concern if we want female equality.
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 3 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 4 Wimbledon 2015: Dustin Brown knocks Rafael Nadal out of championship
- 5 Primark and Penny's heir Barry Ryan drowns trying to save his 21-year-old son