Ryan Shorthouse is the Director of Bright Blue, the think tank for liberal conservatism
13 March 2015 06:45 PM
Our series in the run-up to the General Election – 100 days, 100 contributors, but no politicians – continues with the Founder and Chief Executive of Bright Blue
02 July 2014 03:40 PM
An increasing number of young people are turning to self-employment, and it's no surprise why - working for yourself is the perfect solution to today's job market
Of course the Conservatives should be the party for workers. But they must also be the party for those out of work
26 February 2014 04:01 PM
It's about having the right values, not attracting the 'right' people
11 April 2012 04:20 PM
The Conservatives’ passion for the Big Society chimes with a deep human desire to be an esteemed and popular part of a social group – whether it be a family, a peer group or a neighbourhood.
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
- 1 Reader dilemma: 'Our son is 34 with an IQ of 85, and spends all his time in his room. What will happen to him when we're no longer here?'
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'