Ryan Shorthouse is the Founder and Director of Bright Blue, a think tank for liberal conservativism
13 March 2015 06:45 PM
Our series in the run-up to the General Election – 100 days, 100 contributors, but no politicians – continues with the Founder and Chief Executive of Bright Blue
02 July 2014 03:40 PM
An increasing number of young people are turning to self-employment, and it's no surprise why - working for yourself is the perfect solution to today's job market
Of course the Conservatives should be the party for workers. But they must also be the party for those out of work
26 February 2014 04:01 PM
It's about having the right values, not attracting the 'right' people
11 April 2012 04:20 PM
The Conservatives’ passion for the Big Society chimes with a deep human desire to be an esteemed and popular part of a social group – whether it be a family, a peer group or a neighbourhood.
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 Three-year-old ultra-Orthodox Jewish children told 'the non-Jews' are 'evil' in worksheet produced by London school
- 2 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 3 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 4 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 5 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis