Salma Haidrani is a final year sociology student at the University of Sheffield. She is an award-winning blogger and is actively involved in student media. She writes on contemporary feminist issues and student issues.
29 October 2013 02:39 PM
Money worries and mum's cooking can mean some students prefer to commute from home
23 September 2013 05:03 PM
For many students, especially women, the stress of university can lead to compulsive hair-pulling. Support is available, as Salma Haidrani explains
25 July 2013 10:20 AM
UK campuses are doing more than ever before to accommodate ethnic minority and LGBT students - but how much support is there for mature students?
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
- 1 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for