Sarah Churchwell is Professor of American Literature at the University of East Anglia
12 August 2014 05:10 PM
This great actor’s death challenges set notions about success and creativity
"Is this what you all do for a living?": How Russell Brand put the US news establishment in its place
19 June 2013 07:21 PM
The clip of "Willie Brandt" has to be seen in the context of broadcasting policy
23 January 2012 12:00 AM
Partisan politics has so poisoned the system that cognitive dissonance is a way of life
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine