Sarah Ismail is a freelance journalist. She blogs about disability issues at SameDifference.com
04 October 2012 10:31 AM
The nation is awaiting news of the missing five year-old, now even more so as it's revealed she is disabled and needs medication.
28 September 2012 03:55 PM
I was born disabled and cannot drive on my own - these inventions could be life changing.
18 September 2012 02:36 PM
The Archers ran a poll asking whether characters should abort their disabled baby. Although the decision is far from simple, including the storyline is encouraging.
07 September 2012 06:14 PM
The racy men's magazine is known for objectifying women -
but if they're going to do it, they should include all women.
Sarah Ismail: The day before the Paralympics begin – Galloway must apologise for his 'window-licker' comment
28 August 2012 02:09 PM
Last week, I was unpleasantly surprised to read that George Galloway had said in relation to the Julian Assange case, “I mean not everybody needs to be asked prior to each insertion. Some people believe that when you go to bed with somebody, take off your clothes, and have sex with them and then fall asleep, you’re already in the sex game with them.”
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'