Sarah Ismail is a freelance journalist. She blogs about disability issues at SameDifference.com
04 October 2012 10:31 AM
The nation is awaiting news of the missing five year-old, now even more so as it's revealed she is disabled and needs medication.
28 September 2012 03:55 PM
I was born disabled and cannot drive on my own - these inventions could be life changing.
18 September 2012 02:36 PM
The Archers ran a poll asking whether characters should abort their disabled baby. Although the decision is far from simple, including the storyline is encouraging.
07 September 2012 06:14 PM
The racy men's magazine is known for objectifying women -
but if they're going to do it, they should include all women.
Sarah Ismail: The day before the Paralympics begin – Galloway must apologise for his 'window-licker' comment
28 August 2012 02:09 PM
Last week, I was unpleasantly surprised to read that George Galloway had said in relation to the Julian Assange case, “I mean not everybody needs to be asked prior to each insertion. Some people believe that when you go to bed with somebody, take off your clothes, and have sex with them and then fall asleep, you’re already in the sex game with them.”
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver allegedly kicks gay couple off for kissing
- 1 Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies after injuring spine doing somersault celebration
- 2 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Lynda Bellingham dead: Loose Women presenter dies after battle with colon cancer