Sarah McAlpine is a 23-year-old budding journalist, interested in politics, feminism and equality. She's a Volunteer News Editor for Liberal Conspiracy and a Communications Intern for a london-based charity.
22 February 2013 01:31 PM
On the Girl Guide's World Thinking Day our writers looks at how an organisation most associated with itchy uniforms and sewing became a force for feminism
06 February 2013 04:02 PM
The majority of articles published on equal marriage today will be illustrated by pictures of gay men, written by gay men about the effect it will have on gay men
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
- 1 Sean Abbott: Messages of support flood in for bowler following death of batsman Phil Hughes
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school