Sarah McAlpine is a 23-year-old budding journalist, interested in politics, feminism and equality. She's a Volunteer News Editor for Liberal Conspiracy and a Communications Intern for a london-based charity.
22 February 2013 01:31 PM
On the Girl Guide's World Thinking Day our writers looks at how an organisation most associated with itchy uniforms and sewing became a force for feminism
06 February 2013 04:02 PM
The majority of articles published on equal marriage today will be illustrated by pictures of gay men, written by gay men about the effect it will have on gay men
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader