Sebastian Salek is a recent graduate and freelance journalist
24 September 2013 06:32 PM
Some have changed dramatically, others are more confident about keeping their original stylings
20 September 2013 12:12 PM
Customers ordering the €325 phone can visit the maker's website to see exactly where their money is going
19 September 2013 05:06 PM
Rising temperatures are forcing false widow spiders up north
19 September 2013 10:37 AM
Popular messaging system will now be available on handsets from Apple and other manufacturers
18 September 2013 03:45 PM
New device features a 5-inch screen, quadcore processor and an all-new UI features
18 September 2013 11:30 AM
The price of membership in student societies across the country is ballooning
18 September 2013 11:19 AM
New look to the microblogging service simplifies the layout and allows users to more easily follow content and conversations
15 September 2013 12:00 AM
Fairphone’s maker uses minerals from ‘conflict-free’ mines and looks after its workers. It will be on show in London this week
13 September 2013 05:57 PM
British Airways has apologised for displaying an in-flight map with the words “Palestinian Territories” covering part of Israel.
13 September 2013 10:30 AM
Although it’s illegal for restaurant owners to use gratuity to bump their employees’ wages up to minimum wage, enforced tips are clearly still being relied upon
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 200,000 back our campaign
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train