Shaun Walker is Moscow Correspondent for The Independent.
14 January 2013 05:27 PM
One of Azerbaijan’s most prominent opposition figures has been assaulted while police apparently stood to one side and did not intervene.
13 January 2013 04:05 PM
Tens of thousands of Muscovites braved icy weather to march through the centre of Moscow in protest at a new law that bans the adoption of Russian children by American citizens.
11 January 2013 07:42 PM
A Russian man detained in Cambodia for allegedly threatening and assaulting local sailors could be released after his lawyers agreed to pay compensation to the victims of the attack.
08 January 2013 06:04 PM
A Russian tycoon arrested in Cambodia for threatening local sailors is likely to stay in custody until the end of the month at least, and could face up to three years in jail.
06 January 2013 06:30 PM
Gérard Depardieu enjoyed a lively first day as a Russian citizen today, with banquets, toasts and offers of free property.
28 December 2012 07:48 PM
Court decision comes in wake of Putin's controversial retaliation on US over affair
27 December 2012 11:00 PM
He's rich, reclusive and currently fighting his arch rival for control of Russia's most belligerent neighbour. Georgia's PM grants Shaun Walker a rare audience
21 December 2012 12:00 AM
A President in failing health? Not judging by this performance Shaun Walker saw in Moscow
13 December 2012 06:43 PM
A fashion accessory, a practical necessity for the Siberian winter, and a valuable asset that has been traded since medieval times. For Russians, fur is all of this and more.
12 December 2012 07:18 PM
The family of a murdered journalist expressed cynicism as the trial of a former police officer implicated in her killing began in Moscow.
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf