Shirley Williams is a Lib Dem peer and was one of the founders of the Social Democratic Party in 1981
The Big Questions: What does the A&E crisis tell us about the NHS? Is Britain heading out of the EU?
17 May 2013 06:00 PM
This week's questions are answered by British politician and academic Shirley Williams
08 April 2013 02:26 PM
She used gender to her advantage until hubris brought her down
08 August 1999 12:02 AM
05 April 1999 12:02 AM
13 April 1997 12:02 AM
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'