Shirley Williams is a Lib Dem peer and was one of the founders of the Social Democratic Party in 1981
The Big Questions: What does the A&E crisis tell us about the NHS? Is Britain heading out of the EU?
17 May 2013 06:00 PM
This week's questions are answered by British politician and academic Shirley Williams
08 April 2013 02:26 PM
She used gender to her advantage until hubris brought her down
08 August 1999 12:02 AM
05 April 1999 12:02 AM
13 April 1997 12:02 AM
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
- 5 Westboro Baptist Church couldn't picket Leonard Nimoy's funeral because they didn't know where it was