Shyama Perera is a writer and broadcaster. She has written three novels, co-presented The Six O'Clock Show Show on LWT and Eastern Eye on Channel Four and spent five years at a Home News reporter for The Guardian. www.shyamaperera.com
07 April 2013 07:53 PM
Kent Youth PCC Paris Brown has been forced to apologise for 'offensive' Twitter posts, but isn't this just further proof of her suitability for the role?
12 December 2012 06:59 PM
This week we learned that the number of mixed race people in the UK has doubled to 1.2 million. I'm adding my children to the arsenal of weapons for change
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
Nigel Farage promises Ukip will not 'stigmatise' would-be migrants – and says he wants 'everyone to speak the same language'
- 1 Autism 'caused by genetics', study suggests
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
- 4 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for