Siân Boyle is currently a reporter for the Evening Standard. As well as the Independent, she has been published in the Guardian, the Times and the Huffington Post.
Barbies for girls, cars for boys? Let toys be toys and get them gender neutral presents this Christmas
17 December 2013 05:18 PM
Kids take cues about their assigned gender roles from the world around them at a young age - and this can be very limiting growing up
05 December 2013 05:09 PM
Nearly 85,000 children in Britain will wake up without a home this Christmas morning
26 November 2013 03:58 PM
As they are increasingly sold at petrol stations and shops, young people are equating “legal” with safe
10 May 2013 12:00 AM
Is Robert Langdon back in town?
Twilight fans, Facebook house parties and the mother-in-law email: The top 10 stories when we've shared too much
15 January 2013 09:00 AM
From YouTube videos of Twilight super-fans to parents catching their children bitching about them on Facebook, here are the best over-shares to be found on the internet
13 January 2013 02:20 PM
So now we all know that Clegg owns a green onesie; it could have been worse. Here Independent Voices guides the Deputy PM away from radio's worst clangers.
10 January 2013 03:50 PM
From Tom Cruise to South Park, here are the most interesting scientology stories
04 January 2013 11:40 AM
Sometimes pushing the boundaries is part and parcel of working in the comedy business
- 1 Facebook 'self-censorship': study records when you don't post to find more ways to share
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 ‘Why we don't have snow in Saudi Arabia’: Video captures winter fun as Middle East hit with rare blizzard
- 4 Vitamin pills are a waste of money, offer no health benefits and could be harmful - study
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile