Sian Norris is a writer and feminist activist. She is the founder and director of the Bristol Women's Literature Festival and runs the successful feminist blog sianandcrookedrib.blogspot.com. Her first novel, Greta and Boris: A Daring Rescue was published in 2013 by Our Street Books.
02 March 2015 02:28 PM
The Bristol Women’s Literature Festival aims to continue the great feminist tradition of raising the profile of women writers from history
29 January 2015 02:55 PM
Let’s hope that the move to put the onus on accused rapists to prove consent means that no accuser will ever be made to feel guilty
22 October 2014 10:55 AM
Meanwhile, the refuges that have saved countless women’s lives are being closed
Oscar Pistorius and Ched Evans don't deserve sympathy for their 'ruined' lives - they are not the real victims
17 October 2014 10:37 AM
Why do we value the lives of men over women?
02 October 2014 12:49 PM
As ever with ‘rape avoidance’ technology, the proposed solution fails to respond to the actual problem
29 July 2014 02:54 PM
It’s not up to men to try and define women’s experiences of violence for them
01 July 2014 06:04 PM
The 'faith' of a corporation can now dictate the healthcare provided to its employees
20 May 2014 06:20 PM
You can't champion women’s equality in your professional life - and discuss women in these offensive terms in your personal life.
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
- 5 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach