Simon Denyer is chief of the China bureau for the Washington Post.
Chinese government reminds Hong Kong 'who's the real boss' with white paper spelling out its interpretation of the region's 'one country, two systems' model
12 June 2014 06:40 PM
Beijing regime says it will only pick ‘patriotic’ officials to run former British colony
21 October 2013 01:05 PM
More than 70 million sharks were killed last year, largely to satisfy rapacious demand from China's newly rich. But now there may fresh hope after all for sharks worldwide
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Canadian woman suing police who locked her in van with sex offender who then raped her