Simon Denyer is chief of the China bureau for the Washington Post.
Chinese government reminds Hong Kong 'who's the real boss' with white paper spelling out its interpretation of the region's 'one country, two systems' model
12 June 2014 06:40 PM
Beijing regime says it will only pick ‘patriotic’ officials to run former British colony
21 October 2013 01:05 PM
More than 70 million sharks were killed last year, largely to satisfy rapacious demand from China's newly rich. But now there may fresh hope after all for sharks worldwide
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair