Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
18 September 2014 11:53 PM
At 72 my good friend is still just angry, exacting, and unbelievably brilliant as he has always been
17 September 2014 06:53 PM
I hope that I'll still feel passionate about politics when I'm in my seventies
11 September 2014 01:29 PM
Would the same have happened if he hadn't been caught on camera?
10 September 2014 02:58 PM
This compelling referendum reaffirms the most basic principles of a fair and just society
10 September 2014 12:09 PM
Most people who tune in are struck by the benevolent, paternalistic attitude of the haves towards the have-nots
04 September 2014 05:39 PM
How could David Cameron look Her Majesty in the eye if he's just lost Scotland?
03 September 2014 05:26 PM
Who cares if self-promotion is one of the side-effects?
03 September 2014 05:11 PM
There's always pleasure to be found in singular, uninterrupted experiences
14 August 2014 07:05 PM
If youth is wasted on the young then maybe travelling is too...
13 August 2014 06:26 PM
Millions of us have posted messages of sympathy for a man we've never met
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish independence live: Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum - as it happened
- 2 Scottish referendum results: David Cameron set to unveil major devolution of powers to England
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair