Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
02 July 2015 06:15 PM
Ostentatious partying and foreign bidders sit badly with Tory cuts
30 June 2015 04:48 PM
The narcotic appeal of Twitter and Facebook now overrides propriety, and titillation beats discretion any day of the week
25 June 2015 05:15 PM
No amount of strike action can reverse Uber's upper hand
22 June 2015 05:03 PM
I fail to see the problem of excising racist views from a news report
18 June 2015 10:53 AM
An online campaign to find a lost pooch has resulted in joyous scenes in the real world
17 June 2015 11:47 AM
The idea that his views should disqualify him from standing is reprehensible
11 June 2015 07:12 PM
We all know he was politically incorrect, bordering on the bonkers. But where is our tolerance?
10 June 2015 06:02 PM
Is he really as true to his roots as he says he is?
09 June 2015 06:21 PM
It’s a funny old world when a second-hand car can change hands for a sum that hardly anyone in Britain would earn in a lifetime
04 June 2015 06:24 PM
It is an exhilarating place to live and work, but how long can the boom last?
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers