Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
22 January 2015 05:07 PM
Why we should be glad that global leaders are cracking open the bubbly
21 January 2015 02:27 PM
Whatever happened to the willing suspension of disbelief?
20 January 2015 12:58 PM
If this ‘institution’ represented anything, it was the hegemony of the Murdoch empire
15 January 2015 02:56 PM
The only upside? Self-tying shoelaces...
14 January 2015 05:11 PM
A new study has claimed that the link between the length of the working week and alcohol abuse 'cannot be ignored'
13 January 2015 11:57 AM
Would we be so supportive of Charlie Hebdo if it was an extreme right-wing publication?
08 January 2015 03:57 PM
There’s a hold that tech companies have over us, and I for one resent it
07 January 2015 07:21 PM
Were he a bus conductor, binman or butcher, who would give a monkey’s when he went back to his former job?
Ched Evans playing football again might seem grotesque, but how should his fate be decided — an online poll?
05 January 2015 05:46 PM
The principles on which our law is founded must apply to all if they are to mean anything
30 December 2014 07:21 PM
It's been a tumultuous year, filled to the brim with Ukip, Isis, celebrity bottoms and misguided tweets
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 2 Mother of newborn Baby No 59 trapped in sewer pipe told Chinese police she 'heard crying' when she raised alarm
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy