Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
25 September 2014 12:25 PM
Richard Branson is mistaken if he thinks this is an enlightened policy
18 September 2014 11:53 PM
At 72 my good friend is still just angry, exacting, and unbelievably brilliant as he has always been
17 September 2014 06:53 PM
I hope that I'll still feel passionate about politics when I'm in my seventies
11 September 2014 01:29 PM
Would the same have happened if he hadn't been caught on camera?
10 September 2014 02:58 PM
This compelling referendum reaffirms the most basic principles of a fair and just society
10 September 2014 12:09 PM
Most people who tune in are struck by the benevolent, paternalistic attitude of the haves towards the have-nots
04 September 2014 05:39 PM
How could David Cameron look Her Majesty in the eye if he's just lost Scotland?
03 September 2014 05:26 PM
Who cares if self-promotion is one of the side-effects?
03 September 2014 05:11 PM
There's always pleasure to be found in singular, uninterrupted experiences
14 August 2014 07:05 PM
If youth is wasted on the young then maybe travelling is too...
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Couple die within 28 hours of each other after being married for 73 years