Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
20 November 2014 12:58 PM
And isn’t that the point?
18 November 2014 12:06 PM
Holding our leaders to account requires nerve, as the former pop star showed when putting Ed Miliband on the spot
12 November 2014 01:45 PM
The case of the Sheffield United footbller and convicted rapist shows the way modern justice works
30 October 2014 05:12 PM
The hysterical immigration debate is a political victory for Ukip and the right-wing press
29 October 2014 05:21 PM
It's been five years since I was diagnosed with kidney cancer
28 October 2014 06:34 PM
So how did I find myself falling for his winning ways?
22 October 2014 01:04 PM
Only another traditional verse form will do
15 October 2014 03:39 PM
Rugby League enshrines values which endure, for all the challenges it has faced
14 October 2014 12:33 PM
Theatre audiences like to make up their own minds – especially if a celebrity phenomenon’s up on stage
09 October 2014 01:39 PM
He stood for something valuable, and he hasn’t given up on his beliefs
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Douglas Carswell tells Ukip to stop blaming foreigners as youth poll shows Nigel Farage is even less popular than Nick Clegg
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Downfall of Dustin 'Screech' Diamond, the 'Saved By The Bell' star charged with bar stabbing
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals