Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
07 January 2015 07:21 PM
Were he a bus conductor, binman or butcher, who would give a monkey’s when he went back to his former job?
Ched Evans playing football again might seem grotesque, but how should his fate be decided — an online poll?
05 January 2015 05:46 PM
The principles on which our law is founded must apply to all if they are to mean anything
30 December 2014 07:21 PM
It's been a tumultuous year, filled to the brim with Ukip, Isis, celebrity bottoms and misguided tweets
25 December 2014 06:23 PM
Why do young people have so much antipathy towards leaving a message?
23 December 2014 07:24 PM
Call me mad, but it's worth asking: could this be a brilliantly orchestrated publicity campaign?
18 December 2014 04:17 PM
Lessons to be learnt, at the time of year when marriage comes under the most strain
17 December 2014 07:05 PM
I don't want come over all Scrooge-like, but I do find this Christmas card thing a little curious
10 December 2014 05:36 PM
There is nothing about this story that fills me with anything but deep dismay
09 December 2014 04:50 PM
I had never previously seen a dead body. Until yesterday
03 December 2014 06:36 PM
It doesn’t matter what the revolutionary’s living arrangements are
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory