Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
13 August 2014 06:26 PM
Millions of us have posted messages of sympathy for a man we've never met
12 August 2014 05:53 PM
Watching him perform at the weekend was a truly moving experience
07 August 2014 05:04 PM
Should Scotland vote yes next month, it will force us to confront our own identity
06 August 2014 05:21 PM
Instead of a quiet carriage, why don’t we have a noisy carriage?
05 August 2014 07:09 PM
I don't mix well with water, but after experiencing Cowes Week I have begun to see the beauty of the boating life
31 July 2014 03:09 PM
Forcing us to overhear dull phone conversations should be regarded as an offensive act
29 July 2014 06:24 PM
Tea cosies and TV chefs on stage… this season offers up some of the perfect antidotes to our digital lives
23 July 2014 06:06 PM
Every time I see the low-rise hills of Lancashire I feel a pang of belonging
22 July 2014 04:53 PM
I'd rather live in a country where so much privilege wasn't conferred on so few
17 July 2014 03:54 PM
140 characters is not enough for a reasoned argument
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
- 1 As an ex prostitute, I urge all the political parties to commit to the Sex Buyer Law
- 2 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 3 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Couple die within 28 hours of each other after being married for 73 years