Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
10 September 2014 02:58 PM
This compelling referendum reaffirms the most basic principles of a fair and just society
10 September 2014 12:09 PM
Most people who tune in are struck by the benevolent, paternalistic attitude of the haves towards the have-nots
04 September 2014 05:39 PM
How could David Cameron look Her Majesty in the eye if he's just lost Scotland?
03 September 2014 05:26 PM
Who cares if self-promotion is one of the side-effects?
03 September 2014 05:11 PM
There's always pleasure to be found in singular, uninterrupted experiences
14 August 2014 07:05 PM
If youth is wasted on the young then maybe travelling is too...
13 August 2014 06:26 PM
Millions of us have posted messages of sympathy for a man we've never met
12 August 2014 05:53 PM
Watching him perform at the weekend was a truly moving experience
07 August 2014 05:04 PM
Should Scotland vote yes next month, it will force us to confront our own identity
06 August 2014 05:21 PM
Instead of a quiet carriage, why don’t we have a noisy carriage?
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness