Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
05 February 2015 02:33 PM
Every Sunday evening since 2006 Bryan Henderson has devoted his time to correcting the online encyclopedia
04 February 2015 04:57 PM
Slanging matches in the run-up to the election aren’t the way to win votes
02 February 2015 03:05 PM
The country's deeply-held patriotism hits its apotheosis at the Super Bowl
29 January 2015 04:46 PM
The over-70s appear to be having a better time than those in middle age
29 January 2015 08:44 AM
'An everyday story of country folk’? Give over...
28 January 2015 09:30 PM
27 January 2015 02:30 PM
Is there only value in paid work, anyway?
22 January 2015 05:07 PM
Why we should be glad that global leaders are cracking open the bubbly
21 January 2015 02:27 PM
Whatever happened to the willing suspension of disbelief?
20 January 2015 12:58 PM
If this ‘institution’ represented anything, it was the hegemony of the Murdoch empire
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Church of England 'one generation away from extinction' after dramatic loss of followers
- 1 Amber Peat: Body found in search for missing 13-year-old who left house after argument with her parents
- 2 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 3 School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches'
- 4 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
- 5 Charles Kennedy 'had better judgement drunk than many sober politicians' says Ian Hislop