Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
21 May 2014 12:45 PM
He may have all the money in the world and 47,000 people sing his name in praise every week - but what he craves is validation
21 May 2014 11:35 AM
We are no longer governed by schedules or traditional formats
15 May 2014 08:30 PM
15 May 2014 03:59 PM
There is no such thing in the business world as a merger of equals. One party always has the upper hand.
14 May 2014 05:09 PM
It is easy to dismiss this as leftie Hollywood posturing that amounts to nothing other than a photo op for the publicity-hungry on a millionaire picket line
08 May 2014 05:46 PM
The gods of football don’t like hubris, which is why those who wanted Liverpool to succeed might have to be disappointed
07 May 2014 06:24 PM
In the time I have spent with Clarkson, I have heard him espouse all manner of right-wing nonsense - but never anything even borderline racist
07 May 2014 12:00 AM
06 May 2014 03:54 PM
English nationalism is a force that could yet undermine social harmony
01 May 2014 12:28 PM
The grand inquisitor of the BBC has left Newsnight, but it's no surprise - his beard was the biggest giveaway
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 4 Paul Hollywood: Police asked if I wanted them to arrest Mary Berry for vandalism after she 'defaced' my car
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it