Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
05 February 2015 02:33 PM
Every Sunday evening since 2006 Bryan Henderson has devoted his time to correcting the online encyclopedia
04 February 2015 04:57 PM
Slanging matches in the run-up to the election aren’t the way to win votes
02 February 2015 03:05 PM
The country's deeply-held patriotism hits its apotheosis at the Super Bowl
29 January 2015 04:46 PM
The over-70s appear to be having a better time than those in middle age
29 January 2015 08:44 AM
'An everyday story of country folk’? Give over...
28 January 2015 09:30 PM
27 January 2015 02:30 PM
Is there only value in paid work, anyway?
22 January 2015 05:07 PM
Why we should be glad that global leaders are cracking open the bubbly
21 January 2015 02:27 PM
Whatever happened to the willing suspension of disbelief?
20 January 2015 12:58 PM
If this ‘institution’ represented anything, it was the hegemony of the Murdoch empire
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
- 4 The Greece debt crisis explained in less than 100 words
- 5 Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview after being asked about possible sale of Manchester United target Sergio Ramos