Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
03 July 2014 07:08 PM
State-funded politics might be controversial, but it would help put an end to political parties selling out
02 July 2014 05:43 PM
Just ask Gary Lineker, who thinks it should be doubled
01 July 2014 07:16 PM
Both on and off the field, traditional power bases are making way for new ones
26 June 2014 05:16 PM
This can be characterised by the simple question: where do I belong?
24 June 2014 03:36 PM
Stop hooking yourselves up to electronic devices, and try living in the moment
19 June 2014 04:20 PM
Glastonbury might be bourgeois but it's just another reality of our corporate world
05 June 2014 04:46 PM
How much longer before that most personal of information – what we earn, how much we are worth – makes its way into the public domain?
04 June 2014 05:49 PM
When it comes to buying an air ticket, I have a brand loyalty that transcends all other considerations
03 June 2014 09:14 PM
We've been burnt too many times in the past by unrealistic hopes, says Simon Kelner
03 June 2014 01:51 PM
There is a calmer approach this time around. Maybe we've learned from history
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes
- 1 King Salman: Just five days in, Saudi Arabia's new king has already overseen a beheading
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Presidential optical illusion offers clues to how brain processes faces
- 5 Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years