Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
28 November 2014 10:24 AM
The city’s defence of this tortured genius, is a rare example of civic leaders behaving with compassion, magnanimity and foresight
26 November 2014 06:00 PM
What he said was inexcusable, but we still have a right to expect private conversations to remain private
25 November 2014 05:51 PM
We musn't forget the less fortunate workers of London who come from abroad
20 November 2014 12:58 PM
And isn’t that the point?
18 November 2014 12:06 PM
Holding our leaders to account requires nerve, as the former pop star showed when putting Ed Miliband on the spot
12 November 2014 01:45 PM
The case of the Sheffield United footbller and convicted rapist shows the way modern justice works
30 October 2014 05:12 PM
The hysterical immigration debate is a political victory for Ukip and the right-wing press
29 October 2014 05:21 PM
It's been five years since I was diagnosed with kidney cancer
28 October 2014 06:34 PM
So how did I find myself falling for his winning ways?
22 October 2014 01:04 PM
Only another traditional verse form will do
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
- 1 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 2 iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Alwaleed bin Talal: Saudi Prince to donate entire $32bn fortune to charity