Simon Kelner was Editor of The Independent between 1998 and 2011. He writes a daily column for i.
12 February 2014 01:55 PM
In a world of conformity, Mrs Bercow adds to the gaiety of public life
07 February 2014 10:22 AM
There's a simple reason why 'i' reaches its 1000th edition today
04 February 2014 05:10 PM
I'm glad it's the CEO of Barclays, my bank, who has taken this decision
30 January 2014 04:54 PM
If you pay £6 to go to Prague on RyanAir, what do you expect?
28 January 2014 04:39 PM
Maybe young people in the West just aren't that angry any more
Has football changed for good or ill since the advent of Sky? In many ways, it is a debate about the nature of modern Britain
23 January 2014 05:19 PM
From my narrow standpoint, things have got immeasurably better
22 January 2014 04:28 PM
A new scientific review has concluded that the reason older people take longer to recall facts is because they're suffering from information overload
Why the residents of Benefits Street and Moya Greene, the Royal Mail chief executive worth upwards of £1.5m, are not so different after all
21 January 2014 03:40 PM
It's not just the poor who are subject to occasional feelings of entitlement
17 January 2014 02:54 PM
I cannot understand why the great British public are not apoplectic about these egregious, socially divisive rewards
15 January 2014 04:36 PM
The status of Trierweiler, who is paid for by the French taxpayer, is a legitimate matter for enquiry. The rest isn't
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'