Simon O'Hagan is Editor of Independent Voices
15 April 2015 07:32 PM
The play was written for radio and Beckett never conceived of it as working in any other medium
15 February 2015 02:55 PM
Glasgow's 02 Academy welcomed Colin Meloy and his Portland pals with rapturous enthusiasm
14 February 2015 03:02 PM
O2 Academy, Glasgow
28 January 2015 03:23 PM
That the bear is technically brilliant only fuels my objections
23 January 2015 06:19 PM
At the Globe and in 'Jerusalem', he was theatre's ruler. Now Cromwell has let television viewers in on the secret
Neil MacGregor: The director of the British Museum is acclaimed and coveted the world over. How long can we hang on to him?
09 January 2015 07:53 PM
His enormous charm is a key attribute in securing loans
Independent writers remember their Saturday jobs: "I have never regarded anything I have done in "the media" as a proper job"
29 October 2014 11:00 PM
07 October 2014 03:55 PM
As part of our new campaign, we're asking our readers to tell us how they think our health service can be saved
Cambridge Folk Festival, music review: The evergreen festival where the Morrisons and Cashes are at home
03 August 2014 07:36 PM
First held in 1965 - five years before Glastonbury came along - the Cambridge Folk Festival is very much the greybeard of the summer music scene, and while it may not be the last word in innovation, for sheer class and integrity, it can't be beaten.
In defence of liberal democracy
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Technology company Alibaba posts job advert asking for 'stunning' women with qualities of adult film actress Sora Aoi
- 2 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 3 'Fire at every person you see': Israeli soldiers reveal they were ordered to shoot to kill in Gaza – even if the targets may have been civilians
- 4 Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want