Simon Schama is a historian and Professor of History and Art History at Columbia University, New York. He is perhaps best known for writing and hosting the 15-par BBC television documentary series 'A History of Britain'
20 September 2013 05:40 PM
This week's questions are answered by the historian and author, Simon Schama
12 April 2013 10:47 AM
The Essay: When Simon Schama dared write a work of fiction, he broke every historian's taboo. But he still stands by his heresy
01 June 1997 12:02 AM
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Boston Marathon runner's search for mystery man she kissed ends with letter from his wife
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 3 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 4 How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
- 5 Chinese theme park sets up 'death simulator' where volunteers can experience being cremated