Simon Usborne is a features writer at The Independent and i.
16 January 2015 03:16 PM
Outreach workers have no hope of even attempting to help if they don’t know where people are
16 January 2015 12:32 PM
The star of the Bellevue is its extraordinary subterranean spa
A homeless man was found impaled on a spike in a square in London's Kensington - but who was he and why did he die?
15 January 2015 08:50 PM
When a homeless man's body was found in one of the richest corners of London, the city barely flinched. Simon Usborne tells the story of a man who passed through our capital - and was always passed by
05 January 2015 07:22 PM
Simon Usborne is among the millions who are gripped by their progress
18 December 2014 09:30 PM
11 December 2014 10:30 PM
One of the Australian's images sold for £4m this week, but he divides opinion
10 December 2014 04:21 PM
Exclusive: Simon Usborne interviews Paul Rosolie, the man who almost became a snake snack
08 December 2014 07:32 PM
Sparks should fly when Paul 'Gobby' Lambert, the BBC's mouthy politician-baiter, takes up his post as Ukip's new communications director. Simon Usborne investigates
06 December 2014 12:00 AM
04 December 2014 09:50 PM
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 100,000 back our campaign
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train