Space for Giants
Space for Giants is a Kenya-based charity which protects elephants through techniques such as GPS collaring and working with local communities to prevent human-wildlife conflict.
21 January 2014 01:20 PM
Last week, for the very first time, four elephants joined Twitter to share their adventures via GPS collar. Find out how the data is collected behind the scenes.
15 January 2014 02:03 PM
What do elephants do all day? Where do they eat, sleep and socialise? Find out via #ElephantsLive
14 January 2014 05:02 PM
In 2011, more African elephants were killed than in any other year in history. Explore our interactive graphic to learn more.
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Parma, Missouri: 80 per cent of town's police quit after first black mayor is elected
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Google search history can now be downloaded in its entirety, mass embarrassment expected