Stella Creasy is Labour and Co-operative MP for Walthamstow. She is also Shadow Home Affairs Minister for Crime Prevention. Her website is www.workingforwalthamstow.org.uk
30 June 2013 12:00 AM
It's time to end the myth that there are a few bad apples and recognise that the way the entire industry works is causing problems for millions of British consumers. Legal loan sharks have been able to rack up huge profits on the back of consumers struggling with the rising cost of living and a regulator without teeth, with five years of talk resulting in no action.
08 November 2012 12:00 AM
Legal loan sharks take advantage of those who need money most - a cap is desperately needed before debt for some people is out of their control.
01 November 2011 12:00 AM
This industry benefits from a lack of legislation, which means that companies can charge eye-popping APRs of 4,500 per cent or more
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 4 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 5 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- < Previous
- Next >