Established as one of the most influential political commentators in the country, Steve Richards became The Independent’s chief political commentator in 2000 having been political editor of the New Statesman. He presents Radio 4’s Week in Westminster.
01 September 2014 08:09 PM
For any Eurosceptic MP, Cameron's original offer is still their best bet
25 August 2014 04:56 PM
The public and parliament will no longer blindly support gung-ho action
11 August 2014 06:53 PM
But after all the mistakes of 2003, are our Western leaders right to be so hesitant?
28 July 2014 06:12 PM
You must have a background in epic Westminster battles, and a nose for PR
21 July 2014 06:24 PM
They cheer for Blair because he is not Miliband, who they fear will lose in 2015
14 July 2014 06:20 PM
But it will take more than symbolism to win next election
07 July 2014 08:56 PM
Was there a paedophile ring at Westminster? Was there a cover-up? The terms “cover-up and “Westminster paedophile ring” are volcanic. Put them together and there is bound to be an almighty eruption, and a further terrible breakdown in trust between voters and those who were or are public figures.
07 July 2014 07:26 PM
As more light is shed on our recent past a common theme emerges
30 June 2014 06:52 PM
And a referendum won’t make the issue go away
23 June 2014 05:57 PM
In politics the inexperienced rise to the top, and it shows
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C