Stig Abell is former Director of the Press Complaints Commission
05 July 2013 12:48 PM
Britain is desperate to take national credit for something that has nothing to do with the nation at all
17 June 2013 02:48 PM
Events like this compel us to consider the ethics of recording a dispute
Woolwich attack: We have a duty to report these images, but editors face difficult ethical questions
23 May 2013 11:57 AM
Reporting on this sadistic murder allows us to see - and see through - its perpetrators
18 March 2013 09:56 AM
Improved press regulation is important, but what has been going on for the last few weeks is the tiresome zealotry of the self-righteous
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 New route to Mars could make manned mission much cheaper and easier