Stig Abell is a media commentator, and partner at Pagefield Communications. He is the former Director of the Press Complaints Commission.
05 July 2013 12:48 PM
Britain is desperate to take national credit for something that has nothing to do with the nation at all
17 June 2013 02:48 PM
Events like this compel us to consider the ethics of recording a dispute
Woolwich attack: We have a duty to report these images, but editors face difficult ethical questions
23 May 2013 11:57 AM
Reporting on this sadistic murder allows us to see - and see through - its perpetrators
18 March 2013 09:56 AM
Improved press regulation is important, but what has been going on for the last few weeks is the tiresome zealotry of the self-righteous
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 1 Three-year-old ultra-Orthodox Jewish children told 'the non-Jews' are 'evil' in worksheet produced by London school
- 2 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 3 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 4 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 5 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis