Stig Abell is a media commentator, and partner at Pagefield Communications. He is the former Director of the Press Complaints Commission.
05 July 2013 12:48 PM
Britain is desperate to take national credit for something that has nothing to do with the nation at all
17 June 2013 02:48 PM
Events like this compel us to consider the ethics of recording a dispute
Woolwich attack: We have a duty to report these images, but editors face difficult ethical questions
23 May 2013 11:57 AM
Reporting on this sadistic murder allows us to see - and see through - its perpetrators
18 March 2013 09:56 AM
Improved press regulation is important, but what has been going on for the last few weeks is the tiresome zealotry of the self-righteous
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Alex Salmond has 'broken his word to the Scottish people' says Scottish Lib Dem leader
- 1 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public can visit police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Vagina canoe artist facing two years in jail defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
- 5 The Queen’s speech 2014: Recap and Twitter reaction to Game of Thrones reference