Sunder Katwala is director of independent, non-partisan thinktank British Future. He has previously worked as a journalist. He was General Secretary of the Fabian Society thinktank from 2003 to 2011, and was previously a leading writer and internet editor at the Observer, a research director of the Foreign Policy Centre and commissioning editor for politics and economics at the publisher Macmillan.
It's not just Kevin Pietersen: Many of our sporting greats 'border-hopped' their way to Britain – and so what?
06 February 2014 04:31 PM
Belonging is not always about birthplace - especially for Britain
07 January 2014 12:38 AM
It shouldn’t come as surprise that people’s anxieties about immigration aren’t eliminated by being told it’s good for the economy.
23 April 2013 04:34 PM
Yasmin Alibhai-Brown's concerns over whether attitude change is really impatience with racial complaints are legitimate, but the research does not bear them out
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters