Syed Hamad Ali
Syed Hamad Ali is a journalist who writes about religion, media and international affairs.
03 July 2013 12:13 PM
In light of all his many troubles, the mystery of why Musharraf chose to come back to Pakistan and face the music only deepens
10 May 2013 11:50 AM
The reason Khan is so popular with young people is that he speaks the language of Pakistan's millions of disaffected youths; as an outsider with little political baggage
06 February 2013 11:36 AM
Discrimination against religious minorities is a very real problem in both India and Pakistan, but did politicians really need to wade into this row?
16 January 2013 03:56 PM
He only arrived from Canada last month and already he's sparking protests and making headlines with his demands for a radical overhaul of the current political system
23 October 2012 03:18 PM
Lahore is following cities as diverse as London, Tehran and Moscow in introducing women-only facilities. But do 'gender ghettos' make women more or less free?
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia