Tim Lott is a writer and novelist
17 May 2012 08:00 AM
I spent most of yesterday standing outside my library in Kensal Rise, north-west London, trying both to stop Brent Council removing the books and to work out what Kafkaesque logic brought me here.
08 April 2012 12:00 AM
Our writer admits he is no oil painting and finds that life takes more effort when looks are not on your side
01 April 2012 12:00 AM
It's back on the box from tomorrow and Tim Lott explains why its blend of swords, sorcery and sex is such a winner
28 January 2012 12:00 AM
We all ache to fuse ourselves with something above and beyond us, in which we can take pride
30 December 2011 12:00 AM
The only effect of this approach to Dickens was one of tedium, drift, and multiplying perplexity
18 December 2011 12:00 AM
What is it about the familiarity of old movies that makes them impossible to turn off
06 November 2011 12:00 AM
As men nationwide sprout a moustache for charity this month, Tim Lott says that without a good cause, such growth is doomed
03 November 2011 12:00 AM
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football