Tim Parks is a novelist and translator. He has been nominated for the Booker Prize twice. His latest book is ‘Italian Ways: On and Off the Rails from Milan to Palermo’, published by Harvill Secker
08 August 2014 06:46 PM
We see illness as a technical problem with a technical solution
19 June 2014 03:20 PM
Sometime in my teens, our library began to stock vinyl LPs with readings of famous works of literature. Curious, I would borrow at random. So one day I heard a deep Irish voice announce, "I took advantage of being at the seaside to lay in a store of sucking stones." What was this?
15 September 2013 07:46 PM
Want to get on as a novelist? Then write for the world
This week's big questions: Is there hope for the Italian economy? Will Berlusconi to go jail? Does Chiantishire still exist?
12 July 2013 05:05 PM
This week's questions are answered by novelist and translator Tim Parks
13 December 1999 12:02 AM
28 June 1997 12:02 AM
26 April 1997 12:02 AM
19 April 1997 12:02 AM
18 January 1997 12:02 AM
21 September 1996 12:02 AM
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Lucy Hawking: Stephen Hawking's daughter writes impassioned open letter to Katie Hopkins about rights of disabled people
- 2 #NotGuilty: Second Oxford student writes of brutal rape by two men who then threw her in a bin as part of campaign against victim blaming
- 3 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 4 Russell Brand backs Ed Miliband: 'You gotta vote Labour'
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want