Tom Bawden is Energy and Resources Correspondent for The Independent and Evening Standard.
19 March 2015 05:50 PM
9ft animal roamed South Carolina 220m years ago
18 March 2015 07:32 PM
The area in the Pitcairn Islands is twice as large as the British Isles
18 March 2015 07:24 PM
The industry welcomed the announcement in a crucial Budget for its survival
16 March 2015 01:00 AM
City learns from London’s errors as Scotland tops the table for visitor growth
16 March 2015 12:00 AM
Members of the public get the chance to choose our favourite feathered friend
13 March 2015 11:34 PM
Ineos made a statement of intent this week by striking the biggest deal yet seen in Britain to drill for shale gas. But there are doubts whether it will ever be viable or if environmentalists will ever be placated
12 March 2015 06:34 PM
Conservative Environment Secretary Liz Truss offers wholehearted support
11 March 2015 09:05 PM
Exclusive: Vote-OK are offering to supply canvassers for those who promise to support a repeal of the ban
11 March 2015 06:36 PM
BIS: "All things being equal… it makes no sense to transfer leadership"
10 March 2015 06:34 PM
"In just the past six months there has been an explosion"
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 2 Maisie Williams has an excellent message for one confused fan
- 3 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Tampon tax scrapped in Canada after petition convinces conservative government