Tom Chatfield is an author, technology theorist and commentator
05 August 2013 06:28 PM
Practice has spawned an online backlash that has gone global
17 July 2013 07:00 PM
He tells Tom Chatfield that his love affair with games consoles started long ago.
Say what you see: How language is being transformed by the way we type - rather than the way we speak
12 June 2013 07:00 PM
The rise of social media has put "conversation without speech" at the centre of millions of lives, as Tom Chatfield explains
31 May 2013 05:56 PM
I’m now a man in my thirties, yet can still find it hard to drag myself away from the screen towards the messy, risky business of human interactions
13 July 2012 08:00 PM
Look around next time you’re on a train. How many people are stroking their devices’ screens?
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- 1 Unseen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory chapter deemed 'too subversive' released
- 2 Ebola virus: It's ripped through towns – now the deadliest ever outbreak of the virus is heading for Africa's teeming cities
- 3 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127