Vanessa has worked in the charity sector for neary seven years campaigning on behalf of charities such as Amnesty International, UNICEF UK, VSO, Parkinson’s UK and Macmillan Cancer Support. She is currently Senior Campaigner for Action on Hearing Loss, and in her spare time coordinates the Save Our Softball Campaign
19 July 2013 10:00 AM
Governments and local authorities should be doing everything they can to make it easier for people to be active - not taxing them harder for it
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Katie Hopkins has just written a piece so hateful that it might give Hitler pause – why was it published?
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Cancel Sky at your peril: man spends 96 minutes in chat but fails to get rid of service