Venetia Rainey is a freelance journalist who has worked across the Middle East writing and putting together radio pieces on subjects from human rights and civil activism to culture and food
25 February 2013 03:03 PM
It grates when established foreign correspondents lay into young reporters
25 February 2012 12:00 AM
The Foreign Secretary, William Hague, said yesterday that Britain would recognise the opposition Syrian National Council as the "legitimate representative of the Syrian people", but specifically ruled out arming the group to help it topple the Assad regime.
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Ed Miliband less influential than One Direction's Louis Tomlinson by official Doncaster power list
- 3 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for