Venetia Rainey is a freelance journalist who has worked across the Middle East writing and putting together radio pieces on subjects from human rights and civil activism to culture and food
25 February 2013 03:03 PM
It grates when established foreign correspondents lay into young reporters
25 February 2012 12:00 AM
The Foreign Secretary, William Hague, said yesterday that Britain would recognise the opposition Syrian National Council as the "legitimate representative of the Syrian people", but specifically ruled out arming the group to help it topple the Assad regime.
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Doctors remove 80 teeth from boy's jaw
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals