Venetia Rainey is a freelance journalist who has worked across the Middle East writing and putting together radio pieces on subjects from human rights and civil activism to culture and food
25 February 2013 03:03 PM
It grates when established foreign correspondents lay into young reporters
25 February 2012 12:00 AM
The Foreign Secretary, William Hague, said yesterday that Britain would recognise the opposition Syrian National Council as the "legitimate representative of the Syrian people", but specifically ruled out arming the group to help it topple the Assad regime.
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission