Vicky Pryce is an economist and former Joint Head of the UK's Government Economic Service
05 December 2012 07:08 PM
The UK will borrow an extra £220bn and at lower interest rates than expected for the smaller original figure. This is having a “Plan B” without announcing it.
27 September 2012 07:15 PM
The enormity of the task has been consistently underestimated. Imposing more austerity will only make things worse.
08 May 2012 12:00 AM
The Greeks will feel emboldened by the election of François Hollande in France
08 March 2012 12:00 AM
30 November 2011 12:00 AM
02 November 2011 12:00 AM
The decision to stage a referendum on the EU bailout package has come as a shock to the markets and apparently Europe's other leaders. So what is going on and what has motivated the Prime Minister George Papandreou?
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats