Vicky Walker is a writer and communications consultant.
My friend, the murder statistic: Domestic violence victims might seem like just a number - until it's someone you know
17 June 2014 12:00 AM
More than 100 women were killed as a result of domestic violence last year. One of the victims – Linah Keza, who was stabbed to death by her ex-partner – was more than just a number to Vicky Walker
29 November 2013 04:32 PM
We expect girls to be good, to know better and to stay out of trouble. Why don't we question the self-esteem of those committing the crimes?
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
Day In a Page