Vicky Walker is a writer and communications consultant.
My friend, the murder statistic: Domestic violence victims might seem like just a number - until it's someone you know
17 June 2014 12:00 AM
More than 100 women were killed as a result of domestic violence last year. One of the victims – Linah Keza, who was stabbed to death by her ex-partner – was more than just a number to Vicky Walker
29 November 2013 04:32 PM
We expect girls to be good, to know better and to stay out of trouble. Why don't we question the self-esteem of those committing the crimes?
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Why this father didn’t hide his daughter’s heroin overdose in her obituary
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 The most powerful passports in the world
Day In a Page