Victoria Wright is a writer, campaigner and actress with a facial disfigurement. She starred in the Channel 4 Series 'Cast Offs' (www.victoriawright.net).
25 July 2013 10:53 AM
Once again, Hollywood has equated facial disfigurements with being evil. It's time to stop such lazy disablism.
20 March 2013 03:55 PM
Judging by his comments, I guess my disability is just a punishment for being a total badass in a previous life?
01 February 2013 08:00 AM
There is nothing more outrageous than a female role model giving an opinion we disagree with
30 January 2013 01:32 PM
Maybe we should leave it to the qualified professionals?
The Sessions, Untouchable, Rust and Bone - it's great they're tackling disability, but where are the disabled actors?
22 January 2013 11:31 AM
Hollywood and European cinema is breaking taboos about disabled people. Pity they forgot to hire disabled actors to play the leads.
17 January 2013 10:17 AM
I interviewed Megan Fox for Esquire*, and was literally blown away by her symmetry
06 January 2013 12:39 PM
The Church has opened its doors to gay - but celibate - bishops
21 December 2012 05:56 PM
A leading member of Mensa has apologised after calling anyone with an IQ below 60 a “carrot” live on BBC Breakfast.
19 December 2012 12:19 PM
The candidate has been suspended for advocating "compulsory abortions"
06 December 2012 05:12 PM
Women are not "bright", they're clever. Like men
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran