Virginia Ironside is an agony aunt, columnist and author. She writes the weekly Dilemmas column for The Independent.
28 July 2014 05:56 PM
"Faced with such powerful subconscious feelings, there’s little you can do except get the hell out of there"
21 July 2014 05:52 PM
"You will be no more successful bribing a nicotine addict to stop smoking than you will a heroin addict to stop shooting up"
14 July 2014 06:52 PM
"It’s better to be as much on her side as possible than to take a stand against her"
07 July 2014 07:46 PM
"As I write this, my heart sinks as I witness the inner hippie coming out in me"
Virginia Ironside's dilemmas: Am I wrong for telling my goddaughter about her mother's first marriage?
30 June 2014 06:41 PM
"Those pictures were taken in order for them to be seen by all her friends"
23 June 2014 06:37 PM
"It has hardly anything to do with you whether the other person gets better or not."
16 June 2014 06:52 PM
"He is obviously a very damaged, sad little man, and anyone who has a close relationship with his wife seems to him to be incredibly threatening."
02 June 2014 06:26 PM
"You’re the one who matters in all of this, so don’t even think twice about it"
26 May 2014 03:50 PM
"I suspect that if you went back to drinking “moderately”, before you knew it you’d be back on the two bottles a night"
19 May 2014 05:54 PM
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 4 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'
- < Previous
- Next >