Virginia Ironside is an agony aunt, columnist and author. She writes the weekly Dilemmas column for The Independent.
21 April 2014 03:54 PM
"She has clearly got the wrong end of the stick about your financial arrangements, and doesn’t value the history of your friendship enough to explain herself"
14 April 2014 04:55 PM
"He probably genuinely wants to be caring towards his old mum, and imagines that your offering to help him move is some kind of penance"
07 April 2014 06:19 PM
"You can’t just leap from being adoring lovers to being friends overnight"
31 March 2014 02:14 PM
"If you make a deliberate attempt to smile at people in the street – you’ll be surprised how many people smile back"
24 March 2014 05:12 PM
'He's said he'll kill their cats and poison their children's minds unless she returns'
17 March 2014 05:18 PM
"I suspect that these old friends, to whom you both used to be so close, remind you of behaviour that you now find somewhat reprehensible"
10 March 2014 05:39 PM
'He takes us out and spoils us rotten, but sometimes I'd just like the cash'
24 February 2014 05:16 PM
"Each day he lies I despise him more and more"
17 February 2014 05:56 PM
"We are on top of each other all the time and we’re often arguing"
10 February 2014 06:02 PM
"He goes into his shell when I mention anything like this to him"
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness