Will Oremus is a staff writer at Slate covering technology, science, and the future.
10 December 2014 09:01 PM
Experts scoffed at the company’s plan to deliver internet via balloon to the world’s poorest regions. Now 75 are flying high
05 November 2014 08:30 PM
24 September 2014 06:22 PM
What makes Amazon so dangerous as a company is that it doesn’t have to make money on its hardware
10 September 2014 10:15 PM
23 January 2014 11:32 AM
In the spirit of educational shaming, here are the year's most popular — and therefore least effective — passwords
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality
- 1 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 2 Tom Cruise: Reporters banned from asking actor about Scientology
- 3 A-level results 2015: UK exam board OCR admits it 'estimates' hundreds of pupils' grades after papers 'go missing'
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road