Will Oremus is a staff writer at Slate covering technology, science, and the future.
10 December 2014 09:01 PM
Experts scoffed at the company’s plan to deliver internet via balloon to the world’s poorest regions. Now 75 are flying high
05 November 2014 08:30 PM
24 September 2014 06:22 PM
What makes Amazon so dangerous as a company is that it doesn’t have to make money on its hardware
10 September 2014 10:15 PM
23 January 2014 11:32 AM
In the spirit of educational shaming, here are the year's most popular — and therefore least effective — passwords
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
- 1 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 4 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 5 Dylan Moran on quitting smoking, being about as sexy as the Pope and why comedy panel programmes are 'c*ck shows'