Yomi Adegoke is a writer from Croydon. She is founder and editor of Birthday Magazine, a publication aimed at providing representation for black teenage girls and writes about race, popular culture and intersectional feminism.
09 October 2014 05:39 PM
Their celebration of larger body shapes is a nice change, but why does it still have to be at the expense of other women?
15 September 2014 01:18 PM
It's dangerous to be black in America full stop, but being a woman as well means you face both racism and misogyny
19 March 2014 05:06 PM
If the trend truly is about raising awareness, everyone should at least include a link to a cancer charity
14 August 2013 01:34 PM
Shutting down one site won't combat the massive problem of cyberbullying
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'