Zoe Pilger is an art critic for The Independent and winner of the 2011 Frieze International Writers Prize. Her first novel, Eat My Heart Out, will be published by Serpent's Tail in February 2014. She is also researching a PhD at Goldsmiths, University of London, on the subject of romantic love and sadomasochism in the work of contemporary female artists. She has appeared on BBC's The Review Show and Sky News
19 March 2014 01:26 PM
Hauser and Wirth, London
17 March 2014 11:00 AM
A new show of work by Iraqi artists features fascinating images, but Zoe Pilger asks if it tells the whole story about the aftermath of the 2003 invasion
09 March 2014 03:06 PM
The eerie beauty of ruins has seduced artists from Turner to the YBAs, as Zoe Pilger discovers at Tate Britain
02 March 2014 03:01 PM
A new exhibition showcasing William Burroughs’ other talent – as an artist – is disturbing enough, before you realise the shocking event that fuelled his creativity
16 February 2014 04:05 PM
Zoe Pilger satirises the spurned woman-turned-stalker stereotype in her debut novel. Here, she explores its origins
07 February 2014 11:53 AM
Tate Britain, London
28 January 2014 01:20 PM
Royal Academy, London
24 January 2014 12:00 AM
14 January 2014 05:13 PM
Georgia O’Keefe meets the body-preserving anatomist Gunther Von Hagens
29 December 2013 05:53 PM
Milton Keynes deserves more than a PR version of its futuristic roots
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
David Cameron says anyone criticising Eric Pickles' letter to Muslims 'really has a problem'
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 2 Mother of newborn Baby No 59 trapped in sewer pipe told Chinese police she 'heard crying' when she raised alarm
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy