From Saturday 10 October Lotto is giving you more chances to become a millionaire than ever before.
The exciting game changes will give players two chances to become a millionaire in every draw thanks to the introduction of a new Millionaire Raffle on top of the jackpot. Plus, players who match two numbers will win a free Lotto Lucky Dip® for a future draw – giving them another chance to become a millionaire.
The exciting changes:
• Guaranteed millionaire in every draw thanks to the new Millionaire Raffle
• Free Lotto Lucky Dip® by matching two numbers
For more information on the game changes search Lotto Changes.
To celebrate, we’ve teamed up with Lotto to give readers the chance to win £100k. Buy a Lotto ticket valid for a Lotto draw taking place on either 10, 14, 17, 21 and 24 October 2015, find the daily codes running in The Independent, The Independent on Sunday and i from Sunday 11 to Friday 16 October, then come back to this page to enter the draw with your Lotto ticket number (the 19 digit number found in the top left hand corner of your ticket) and a daily code. Please keep the Lotto ticket you use to enter as it will be required for verification before the prize is awarded.
You can enter the promotion up to six times. You can re-use the same Lotto Ticket number, but each entry will require a different valid in-paper code (there will be a total of six codes printed, one a day for 6 days).
Read the FAQs here.
Terms & Conditions:
The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) are for The Independent’s Lotto Promotion (the “Promotion”) running in The Independent, Independent on Sunday and i. The Promotion gives entrants a chance to win a prize with their National Lottery Lotto ticket.
By entering into the Promotion you agree to be bound by these Terms.
The promotion is being jointly run by Independent Print Limited, 2 Derry Street, London, W8 5HF (the “Independent”) and Camelot UK Lotteries Limited, Tolpits Lane, Watford, Hertfordshire WD18 9RN (“Camelot”).
Eligibility and Taking Part in the Promotion
1. In order to be eligible to participate in the Promotion, you must:
(a) be a resident of the UK or Isle of Man;
(b) be 16 or over (proof of age may be requested) and eligible to play National Lottery games (see https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/account-terms?icid=bsp:na:tx;
(c) not be (in addition to the above) an individual named on the Gambling Commission’s National Lottery prohibited play list, an employee of the Independent, any Camelot Group Company*, or any of their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, key subcontractors, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the Promotion.
(d) unless you are a resident of Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man, have purchased a National Lottery Lotto Ticket (a “Lotto Ticket”) at a National Lottery Retailer or via the National Lottery website for entry into a National Lottery Lotto draw to be held on 10th, 14th, 17th, 21st and 24thOctober 2015 (each being a “Qualifying Lotto Draw”).
2. By entering, you acknowledge, accept and agree that if you are a winner, you will have no right to anonymity and the winner will be obliged to take part in publicity.
3. Internet access is required to enter the Promotion.
Residents of England, Wales and Scotland
5. To participate in the Promotion you must (in addition to satisfying the eligibility criteria listed in paragraph 1 above):
(a) Have a valid Lotto Ticket valid for a Lotto draw taking place on either Saturday 10th, Wednesday 14th,Saturday 17th, Wednesday 21th or Saturday 24th October 2015.
(b) locate a special code (“in-paper code”) printed each day in either The Independent, Independent on Sunday or i between 11th October 2015 and 16th October 2015 and.
(c) visit independent.co.uk/offers between 07:00 on Sunday 11th October 2015 and 23:59 on Sunday 18th October (the “Entry Period”), click on the Lotto Promotion link and enter your personal details (including your full name, address, email and telephone number), your unique Lotto Ticket number from your Ticket for a Qualifying Lotto Draw, and your in-paper code. (Your unique Lotto Ticket number is the 19 digit number found in the top left hand corner of your Lotto ticket.
Please note that your Lotto Ticket number will be checked to ensure it is a valid number for the Draw. You must keep your original Lotto Ticket or printed validation slip as proof of purchase – this will be required to be shown before any prize is awarded.
You can enter the promotion up to six times. You can re-use the same Lotto Ticket number, but each entry will require a different valid in-paper code (there will be a total of six codes printed during the Entry Period, one a day for 6 days).
6. Residents of Northern Ireland and Isle of Man:
For a chance to participate in the Promotion, you must visit independent.co.uk/competitions during the Entry Period and click on the Lotto Promotion link and enter your personal details (including your full name, address, email and telephone number). You will not be required to provide a Ticket number. Only one entry per person.
7. If you are a member of a syndicate: If the Lotto Ticket was purchased on behalf of a syndicate, it is the responsibility of the members of the syndicate to decide who will enter the Promotion and how any prize won may be shared. A prize will only be paid to the person who has registered their details to enter the Promotion. Entrants’ addresses will be verified.
8. Entries not complying with these Terms will be disqualified.
9. Entries using methods such as a macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified. Incomplete, corrupt or entries not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
The Promotion Draw and Prizes
10. The Draw: Following successful entry in accordance with the above entry criteria, entries will be automatically entered into a random prize draw. The draw will take place shortly after the Entry Period expires.
11. The prize: There is one cash prize available to the value of £100,000 (one hundred thousand pounds).
12. Winners: A representative from The Independent will contact the winner within 7 days of the draw taking place (via the contact telephone number provided upon entry) to confirm their win. The Independent may also contact the winner by email if provided upon entry. If a winner cannot be contacted within 14 days of initial contact, The Promoters reserve the right to offer the prize to another entrant (selected at random). The winner’s details will then be passed on to Camelot and a Camelot representative will arrange a personal visit to validate winners and award the prizes.
13. If you are the winner, your first name and post town may be announced in The Independent or i newspapers and on independent.co.uk.
14. All personal data provided to The Independent and/or Camelot, during entry or otherwise in relation to the Promotion, will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “DPA”). Personal data will be held and used by The Independent and Camelot for the purposes set out in these Terms. Unless you have opted out at the time of entry, your personal data will also be used by Camelot to send you marketing and promotional messages about The National Lottery and its games. Your personal data may be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area which may not have laws which offer similar protection to that offered to you under the DPA and you consent to such transfer and to the processing of your personal data in such countries.
15. The Independent and Camelot’s’ decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Neither the Independent nor Camelot accepts any liability or responsibility of any nature for any action or event which prevents a person from entering into the Promotion, nor in relation to the taking of any prize or the consequences of doing so, to the extent permitted by law. Further, neither the Independent nor Camelot shall be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, digital connectivity, fire, flood, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
17. The Independent and Camelot reserve the right to cancel this Promotion or to vary the Promotion or these Terms at any time by giving notice (on independent.co.uk/competitions or otherwise).
*Camelot Group of Companies means Camelot UK Lotteries Limited, Camelot Business Solutions Limited, Camelot Strategic Solutions Limited, Camelot Global Services Limited and Camelot Commercial Services Limited, all companies registered in England with registered address at Tolpits Lane, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 9RN.
- More about: