Win a trip to Queensland in Cathay Pacific’s new Premium Economy cabin
Tuesday 03 September 2013
This competition is now closed.
There’s no place in the world quite like Australia. And no place like Queensland to experience the very best of it.
Explore the Great Barrier Reef, beautiful islands and beaches and youthful, vibrant cities. Enjoy World Heritage-listed rainforests, adrenalin-pumping adventures and the iconic Outback. Connect with indigenous culture and get up close to our unique wildlife. Discover Queensland, where Australia shines.
We are giving one reader the opportunity to win an amazing 11-night holiday for two people to Queensland, Australia flying Cathay Pacific Premium Economy.
Your prize includes return flights to Cairns from London Heathrow, 11 nights’ accommodation in Palm Cove and Port Douglas, and some incredible activities including the chance to experience the Great Barrier Reef first hand, memorable wildlife encounters and a visit to the rainforest village of Kuranda. Travel to Queensland in comfort, then indulge and explore the Cairns and Great Barrier Reef region.
The prize has been provided by our partners Tourism and Events Queensland, Cathay Pacific , Mandalay Luxury Beachfront Apartments, QT Port Douglas, Thala Beach Lodge, Vue Trinity Beach, Peppers Beach Club and Spa Palm Cove, Down Under Tours, Tropic Wings Tours, Ocean Freedom, Hartley’s Crocodile Adventure and Cairns Tropical Zoo.
Enter your details below for your chance to win, and read more about Queensland here.
Whatever your reason for flying, you’ll always enjoy the best possible experience with Cathay Pacific. Their aim is to be the world’s best airline, putting you first with service ‘straight from the heart’, delicious catering, first class in-flight entertainment and much more.
Cathay Pacific brings you closer to Queensland with daily flights to Cairns and Brisbane from London Heathrow airport via Hong Kong. Start your exploration now and discover Queensland from £769 in Economy and from £1899 in Premium Economy. 1
Book now at www.cathaypacific.co.uk/queensland or call on 020 8834 8888.
Cathay Pacific’s Premium Economy is a total enhancement from the Economy Class Experience, offering more comfort, space and personal attention throughout your entire journey. On the ground, you’ll appreciate the dedicated check-in counters, additional baggage allowance, and priority boarding. In the air, you’ll enjoy a comfortable seat, enhanced food, better entertainment, and even more of our renowned personal service – all in a spacious and cosy cabin that features from 26 to 34 seats. It’s the perfect choice for travellers looking for added value and comfort. 2
Discover the Cathay Pacific Premium Economy cabin at www.cathaypacific.co.uk
Enter here for your chance to win the trip of a lifetime to Queensland:
1 Sale ends 30 September 2013. Travel periods: 01 September – 04 December 2013. Other travel dates and fares available. Fares include all taxes and surcharges. Fares are correct at time of going to press. All fares are subject to availability.
2 Cathay Pacific’s Premium Economy Class is being progressively introduced on our Boeing 777-300ER, Boeing 747-400, selected Airbus A330-300, and Airbus A340-300 aircraft. Aircraft deployment varies and availability is subject to operational requirements.
Full prize details
There is one prize of a trip to Queensland for two people flying Cathay Pacific to be won. The prize includes:
- Two return tickets in Premium Economy class between London Heathrow and Cairns OR Brisbane via Hong Kong
- 11 nights’ accommodation, consisting of: three nights in a one bedroom beachfront apartment, at Mandalay Luxury Beachfront Apartments, Port Douglas; two nights in a QT 1 bedroom villa including breakfast daily in Bazaar Restaurant, at QT Port Douglas; two nights in a deluxe timber bungalow including breakfast daily in Osprey’s Restaurant and onsite guided nature tours and stargazing, at Thala Beach Lodge, Port Douglas; two nights in a one bedroom ocean view apartment including free wifi and parking, at Vue Trinity Beach; two nights in a spa room inclusive of breakfast, at Peppers Beach Club and Spa Palm Cove
- Touring experiences for two people: Kuranda day tour experience with Down Under Tours or Tropic Wings Tours, including the Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway; Ocean Freedom Cruise to Upolu Cay and Outer Edge Upolu Reef; The Great Australian Wildlife Experience at Hartley’s Crocodile Adventure and Cairns Tropical Zoo (includes Aussie Wild Platter and transfers from Cairns or Port Douglas)
Terms and conditions
- The promotion closes at 17:00 on Friday 20 September 2013, and the winner will be drawn at random from all entries received
- Prize winner will be contacted by Tourism and Events Queensland upon draw. If the prize winner cannot be contacted within two weeks, a redraw will take place
- Entrants must be 18 or over. Open to UK residents only excluding Northern Ireland
- Prize must be booked by 30 December 2013, with travel by 21 June 2014
- Prize is subject to availability, however the following blackout dates apply: 26/09/13-03/10/13, 15/11/13-31/01/14, 05/02/14-20/02/14, 04/04/14-25/04/14, 21/06/14-30/06/14
- Tickets are not redeemable for cash, are non-transferrable, non-endorsable and must be used within validity. Tickets are valid on Cathay Pacific (CX) operated flights only
- The tickets are on a confirmed basis but are subject to embargo periods and seat availability
- In line with the EU Directive Denied Boarding Compensation is not applicable on free of charge tickets
- The prize winner will be required to book their flights with Cathay Pacific and their accommodation and touring experiences with Tourism and Events Queensland
- The prize is exclusive of transfers, spending money, travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, baggage allowance, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, travel outside of confirmed itinerary or any costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and travel companions
- Travel insurance is not provided and the Promoter recommends the prize winner and all travel companions obtain comprehensive travel insurance including medical coverage (at their own expense) prior to travel
- When you respond, Independent Print Ltd may use your information to contact you with offers/services of interest. For further information, please write to Customer Care, Room 203b, Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5TT
- Usual Promotion Rules apply, see independent.co.uk/rules
- Promoter: Tourism and Events Queensland
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >